Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Theatre!

I think I've mentioned before, now that as I'm in my final year I feel like I should be doing more 'things' (and this extends outside the realms of the radio studio). So, I've decided to be in a play! Well... actually it was more a case of, my being informed of a production in need of musicians, and I eventually decided to motivate myself to respond.

The Uni Dram Society is doing a production of The Elephant Man, and the director wanted some musical interludes. Well, as is usual with things like this, it became apparent pretty early on that I would be providing all the music myself. This came as no surprise, however when it was mentioned in passing that there would be full frontal male nudity for the first 10 minutes, I will admit that I was taken slightly off guard.

This was a few days ago now, and I’m pleased to say that all in all the rehearsals have been going very well (I'm also pleased to say that there is also some female nudity later on as well).

Anyway, we open tomorrow now, so I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes, in a few days.





1 Comments:

Blogger the Everyday Anthropologist said...

May I commend you on your participation in the ever-intriguing world of the theatre. Full frontal nudity...hm... I'm sure it's all about the art, of course... I hope you're enjoying it!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home