Friday, October 06, 2006

Gender Stereotyping

Well, life is continuing as usual. Living in a house full of girls has taken a bit of getting used to but I'm now starting to learn how to adjust to this new environment.

For example - if we're heading out to town, I have now learned that the statement "Ok, shall we get going then...?" does not mean that we will imminently leave the house - but instead it simply causes everyone to quickly stand up and say "Ooo, just give me a minute," and before I've had enough time to even register the sound of bedroom-doors slamming, I am completely alone in the lounge. I then have approximately twenty minutes to wait before I can expect the gradual return of newly fragrant flatmates.

I will however complain that not all such aspects of being the only guy in an otherwise all-girl house are so easy to adjust to...

It just tickles my ear every time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home